Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another year forward

Wowza...been a while since I've posted something on here. I've been home for over a year now. I thought about it for a while a little while ago. When I first boarded the plane two Decembers ago to return home, there was no question in my mind that I would be home for a month and then immediately return back to South Africa to continue my role fund raising. But, as I was home I began to realize that my job would be easier and work more ideally from the US than from South Africa, granted there were pros and cons working in either place.

As I look back on it now, I was right. I accomplished a lot more being in the States than I may have accomplished being in South Africa. And, God used the time I've been away to help me recognize how much I want to be back. Only, this time, it's not me wanting to go because I ought to, but because I want to...that is the compelling emotion in my heart. But I don't know what that looks like at the moment. I'm praying that doors that were once open will reopen again. That although things don't look clear right now, that they soon will become clear.

I wonder if God is asking me to make a decision and step out in faith towards it? I particularly wonder this as I am in an interesting and complex situation at the moment that has my hands tied. I don't have permission to move forward until I hear back from my current employer about the status of my position, but it has been an overwhelmingly long time that I've been waiting for decisions to be made. I've been a bit inpatient, and have tried for perhaps the last time, today to find the clarification I have been seeking. I hope to hear something soon.

A good friend told me when I was in South Africa in 2008, that the closer we get to following God's plan for our lives the more it will require us to give up and let go of things that hinder us...those words were so wise and I think back on them quite often. I think I know what that looks like for me now and it is just a matter of doing it...letting go of those things.

I am still reminded of the words that came to me while in South Africa...pointing me to Zimbabwe. I'm hoping that may happen soon.

Well, back in the waiting room...

No comments: