Most of the violence in and around Cape Town have come to an end. Thank you for praying about the events that have taken place in South Africa the past week. There is peace for the most part in most places right now, but many many homeless refugees. It is estimated that 70,000 people are now displaced from their homes. New communities have been formed for these refugees, however, the new land and space that has been sectioned for them is not large enough to contain everyone. Can you imagine being displaced from your home and having to flee, leaving behind all your belongings, your livelihood, and what little you had and having to start all over again with basically no money? Please keep these refugees in prayer, they could certainly use it as they have to start to rebuilding their lives.
On a separate note, I haven't really been blogging what is going on in my life. Right now I feel very spiritually attacked. There have been statements made behind my back and accusations made against me of things I have said but have not said and I'm very upset about it. This past weekend was extremely difficult, nearly unbearable. All I could do was pray. God brought me to Psalm 35...the very first verse reads, "Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me." Today I had a picture of the a battle being fought...I feel like I need strength to continue my journey here. Please pray for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment